Translate

Friday 26 June 2009

Tributes to Michael Jackson pour in






Celebrity tributes to Michael Jackson
(
Updated 6th July 2009)






TV celebrity and Caribbean chef Rustie Lee



" what a sad day today hearing the sad passing of Michael Jackson.
Please send out as prayer for him and his family.
Love Rustie xx"

Robin Gibb
"We have not only lost a great friend in Michael but also a wonderful, sensitive human being. The Bee Gees heard music with the same ears. He had a great voice and millions of people yet to be born will sing his songs. This tragedy should teach us a lesson to value and praise those gifts while we still have them in the world. If even a small portion of the praise that is bestowed on Michael Jackson now in death was given to him last year in life, he might well still be with us. That is the sad truth. One consolation is that he will triumph by his legacy."

Paul McCartney
"Massively talented boy man with a gentle soul, I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael, he was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."

Corey Feldman
"I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend."

Liza Minnelli
"He was a kind, genuine and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."

Justin Timberlake
"I can't find the words right now to express how deeply sadden [sic] I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."

Madonna
"I can't stop crying over the sad news. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever!"

Britney Spears
"I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"

Lisa Marie Presley
"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family..."

Steven Spielberg
“Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend.”

Celine Dion
"Michael Jackson was not only an extremely talented person, he was unique," Dion said. "He was a genius."

"I was very privileged to work with the same record company as him. And I did have the privilege of meeting with him a long, long time ago."

Demi Moore
"I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!".

Calvin Harris
"I can't believe it, Michael Jackson rest in peace"

Eddie Van Halen
“I am really shocked, as I am sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on “Beat It” back in ’83, one of my fondest memories in my career. Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace.”

Brooke Shields
“My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing.”

Will.i.am
“I am so grateful to have worked with the King. He was a gift to the world. He is a bright light and I wouldn’t be surprised if the world stopped spinning tomorrow.”

Ne-Yo
“Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into: his music. I will do my part to keep the melody alive, to keep the energy forever changing form, but never ever dying! Long live Michael Jackson.”

Don Cornelius (longtime “Soul Train” host)
“I met Michael Jackson at the age of eight — when his father and my new friend Joe Jackson first began to bring the Jackson 5 to Chicago, from their home in Gary, Ind., for concert appearances. As the word of the Jackson 5’s devastating abilities as concert artists had already begun to spread like an out-of-control forest fire ... Michael Jackson’s... amazing power as an entertainer was clear and unmistakable; and has never slowed to this very day! His passing will be grieved far beyond that of any other singer,composer, producer, dancer and choreographer, in the history of the world.

JC Chasez
“Words can’t begin to describe my sadness for the loss of Michael Jackson. I was honored and humbled to have the opportunity to perform with him several times and he had a profound influence on my career. Michael forever changed the world of music and entertainment and I will always remember him for his kind and sweet spirit.”


Martin Scorsese (director of the “Bad” video)
“Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on “Bad,” I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, and — it really goes without saying — a true artist. It will be a while before I can get used to the idea that he’s no longer with us.”


Arnold Schwarzenegger
"The world lost "one of the most influential and iconic figures in the music industry."


Quincy Jones
"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words.

Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's.

To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication.

He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.

I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."


Al Sharpton
"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.

I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown.

I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family."

P Diddy
"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!"


Ice T
Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.

Lindsay Lohan
"NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick.."

Ludacris
"If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P."

MC Hammer
"I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP.."

Kelly Rowland
"Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!"

Cher
Jackson was "optimistic" and "beautiful" and "adorable" as a kid.
"God gives you certain gifts, he was a great singer. This child was an extraordinary child."

Uri Geller
"I'm shocked and devastated. I am hoping this is a dream I will wake up from, but it is not. Michael is dead. For him not to be around, that he's gone, is just surreal. It cannot sink into my psyche. He was a genius."

David Miliband
"Never has one soared so high and yet dived so low. RIP Michael."

Elton John
TMZ reports that Elton was singing last night at his event and dedicated his song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Michael.

Inspiration FM Radio presenters tributes:

Mark Dean
Also of Inspirations on BBC Radio Northampton
" I was rather upset myself at the news of the death of Michael Jackson, he made music for people around the globe."


Guy Williams
Also of Inspirations on BBC Northampton
"Sadly to hear the news , because i grew up with the music of The Jacksons and also Michael Jackson when he went solo, also Janet Jackson , so i am grieving like his family."

Myself, Jerry Wright
"I grew up with listening to Michael Jackson , i remember him singing "I'll Be There" and "I Want You Back", he sang lead with his brothers "The Jackson 5"
when he was just a boy. This man was genius , songs like "Beat It", "Billy Jean" will always be dear to me, God bless you Michael. R.I.P ."

From us all at Inspiration FM Radio, how shocked and saddened by the sudden death of Michael Jackson age just 50 years, Rest In Peace.

















Billy Jean video





Links

Michael Jackson | The Official Site


Tears, disbelief in city as news of

Michael Jackson's death spreads


Michael Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia






No comments: