The reason the Northampton people
are proud of their finest theatre venue !
A time-lapse movie of the changeover from Lyric Theatre to Concert Hall formats at
Royal & Derngate Northampton UK
More on the Royal Theatre Northampton
More on the Derngate Theatre Northampton
Did you know?:
- The Royal & Derngate once was the home of the
- And everyone used to all go to their
- The bus station relocated to Greyfriars bus station In 1976
- Every year more than 350,000 visit Royal & Derngate.
- I hope that you will be one of the people that they will welcome through their doors this year.
- Did you know?
Notable appearances at the Royal
- Errol Flynn In the early 1930s, Flynn left Australia for the England and in 1933 had an acting job with the Northampton repertory company at the Royal, where he worked for seven months
Royal theatre history
Derngate Theatre history
The Venue is now know as Royal & Derngate Northampton
"Royal & Derngate is the main venue for arts and entertainment in Northampton. Recently the subject of a £15 million redevelopment project, the theatre offers two auditoria and Underground, a creativity centre that’s home to the Youth Theatre and a wide range of workshops and projects for the local community."
If you feel you would like to make a comment on any blog, just click the envelope icon, thanks Jezza