A feature on my Saturday breakfast show, which is called 'Strange But True'. A number of listeners have asked me create a list of tips using distilled white vinegar.
White distilled vinegar is made by various companies and sold in all good retail shops, but if any major supermarket chain, or manufacturer would like to sponsor this series of blogs, please do get in touch i can add you to this blog and in any forthcoming blog updates.
here are some interesting facts on distilled white vinegar.
- Vinegar has been used for 10,000 years. It just might be the world's oldest ingredient!
- The main uses for white distilled vinegar are cooking/food preparation and cleaning/disinfecting.
- Adding vinegar to baking soda produces a chemical reaction that produces carbon dioxide. This combination is often used to make a do-it-yourself erupting volcano.
- Pearls melt in white distilled vinegar.
- An egg softens in white distilled vinegar because the acetic acid dissolves the eggshell.
- Immersing a chicken bone in vinegar for 24 hours will make it rubbery.
- An open dish of white distilled vinegar will help remove paint smells from a room.
- Salad dressings, sauces, marinades, ketchup, mustard, and pickles are all made with white distilled vinegar.
- Soothe a sore throat with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water and honey.
- Soak your feet in white distilled vinegar to stop athlete’s foot.
- Drink a teaspoon of white distilled vinegar to stop the hiccups.
- Ladies tights last longer when rinsed with water containing 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar.
- Massage white distilled vinegar into your scalp, rinse, then wash with regular shampoo and watch dandruff disappear.
Join me every Saturday Morning at 7.00 am, and my 'Strange But True' feature is at 08.08 am approximately. Inspiration FM Multicultural Community Radio for Northampton and surrounding areas and online via http://www.inspirationfm.com/