Monday, 28 September 2009

What is the Gas Safe Register ?


From the 1st April 2009 , Gas registration board changed from
'Corgi' to "GAS SAFE"


Also on the back of the Gas Safe card 
is the list of jobs your engineer is qualified for,
if your job is not listed, then your engineer 
can't do this job legally ,  and  that's the law !!

By law, a gas engineer must be on the Gas Safe Register to carry out gas work in Great Britain and the Isle of Man.
Check your gas fitters "Gas Safe" ID card registration number.
Check online , please visit

 Or call the registration data base hotline
0800 408 5500.


Make sure your engineer is carrying a card , check the number on the card , don't worry a registered engineer will be happy you are checking his credentials.

See BBC Watchdog TV link

No comments: