- The word electric was first used in 1600
- The smell of fruit and veg can help aid a diet
- A bolt of lightning hits the Earth with the energy of 100 million volts
- A rooster was the first animal in a hot air baloon
- 85% of all life on Earth is plankton
- 'Press' was the first name given to books
- We are 1 inch taller in the evening than we are in the morning.
- A human emits as much energy as a 100 Watt light bulb
- Water is the only substance that’s lighter as a solid than as a liquid.
- The first mention of the Loch Ness Monster was in 565AD.
- Julius Caesar was a good swimmer.
- Goldfish can live up to 40 years
- Head lice can change colour to blend in to that of the hair of their inhabitant. Are you scratching your head now? lol
- 2520 is the smallest number that is able to be divided by the numbers 1 - 10
- The world record for holding breath is over 9 minutes (please don't try this one!)
- The sweetest fruit in the world is the lici
- Skateboarding didn’t take off until the 1970’s
- Apparently people who work out regularly earn 9 times more than those who don’t.
- Grasses cover more of the Earth than any other plant.
- The mango is the most popular fruit in the world.
Join me On Inspiration FM Multicultural Community Radio
each week for the 'Saturday Breakfast Show with Jerry Wright'
07.00- 09.00 on 107.8 fm for the community of Northampton
and surrounding areas and globally on http://www.inspirationfm.com/