- The Finns spend more money on ice cream than any other European country. I don't blame 'em - we all love an ice cream!
- Some spiders camouflage themselves by pretending to be bird poop. I think poop is a technical term..
- Somniphobia is the fear of... sleep...
- A mattress lasts 8-10 years on average.
- A camel... has no... gallbladder
- The typical American uses 743 tissues every year.
- Around the world there are 24 time zones!
- Most football players run 7miles during a game.
- 17% of men admit they've lost their swimming trunks whilst swimming in the sea.
- Cheese in 16th century Denmark was once used as currency to pay church taxes
- Early golf balls were made of leather bags stuffed with feathers
- Rainforests used to cover 14% of the earth - now they cover less than 6%.
- Water expands 9% when it is frozen.
- It would take approximately 31.7 years to count off 1 billion seconds.
- The Empire State Building once got stuck by lightning 9 times in 20 minutes.
- Jupiter’s giant red spot is like a tornado and it is three times bigger than the earth.
- The Amazon rainforest supplies one-fifth of the world’s oxygen!
- 96% of Egypt is made up of the desert sands of the Sahara.
- Water is the only substance on earth that is lighter as a solid than a liquid.
- Children have more sensitive ears than adults.
'Saturday Breakfast Show
with Jerry Wright'
07.00-09.00 on 107.8 FM for Northampton
and surrounding areas