- It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
- It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down.
- In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store. No wonder the fish don’t blink! lol
- Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day.
- In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
- In the UK a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet, well it does look like a potty!
- The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the King, and the tail to the Queen.
- It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing.
- It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament in a suit of armour.
- In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
Most ridiculous foreign laws:
- In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk
- In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation
- In Bahrain, a male doctor can only examine the genitals of a woman in the reflection of a mirror
- In Switzerland, a man may not relieve himself standing up after 10pm
- In Alabama, it is illegal to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle
- In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on a Sunday could be jailed
- In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- In Milan, it is a legal requirement to smile at all times, except funerals or hospital visits
- In Japan, there is no age of consent.
- In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
Join me every week for
'Saturday Breakfast Show
with Jerry Wright'
07.00-09.00 on 107.8 FM for Northampton
and surrounding areas