Strange But True facts for March 1st 2014 part 1 of 2
- The world record for keeping a kite aloft is 7.5 days.
- 80% of the animals on Earth are insects.
- 38% of people finish books they don’t like.
- You share your birthday with about 18 million other people around the world.
- Salamanders breathe through their skin.
- In December 1993 there were just 623 sites on the internet.
- It's reckoned the steepest street in the world is Baldwin Street in Dunedin, New Zealand with a 38% incline!
- A blink lasts approximately 3 seconds.
- Humans have about 9000 taste buds, dogs have about 2000 taste buds.
- The amount of gold in the human body is 0.2mg