Translate

Monday 1 March 2010

Hip Hop Show

 
 SHOW
Previously aired on Sundays on IFM Radio
6- 8pm




Music in this genre:

crazy bumpin' remake of 
Tom Browne's Classic
"Funkin' for Jamaica" by Waajeed


One of my favourite groups,
a tribe called quest - "Oh my God"

Best producer of all time 
Jay Dee AKA J-Dilla (RIP) produced for slum village,
Dwele, D'angelo, De la soul and countless others


history - Matt Bird or M-Cutz as he is know to the DJ world was into music from an early age, bought up on the likes of Stevie wonder, gladys knight and the pips and avant garde world music.
I think I was maybe 11 or 12 and I discovered radio. I would religiously listen to the likes of Tim Westwood (94/95) and Fabio and Grooverider ("1 in the Jungle" show). Listening to these shows exposed Matt to the likes of Pete Rock, Marley Marl and Cipha Sounds.


 
Matt D Bird






"I started DJing when I was 18 on a really bad set-up. when I was 21 or 22 I was able to get a better set-up which help no end!!
I moved to Bristol to work on my DJ skills at a music academy.
On moving back I was offered a residency at a Local Hip-Hop night "Sounds of the Street" which enabled me to play with some of the UK's finest acts and DJ's included predecessor DJ Skully
."



After playing several residences in Northampton Matt Returned to College studying Music Technology.

M-Cutz guested several times on the IFM Hip-hop show then hosted by Mr Optic and Deep Black then took over the show in 07/08

"Hip-Hop is still my mainstay, It always has been " explains M-Cutz "but I keep an open eye on lots of music - Jazz, Disco, House, Techno, Dubstep, So expect to hear sprinklings of that interwoven in my show."

Shout to anyone that knows me. Expect big thing in 2010


telephone +44 (0)1604 250544 International calls welcome.
also via text ( number to be announced in the coming weeks)
via email
Studio: studio@...pirationfm.com
Write to;
Matt D Bird
The Hip Hop Show
 
Inspiration FM,
Community Radio,
20 Sheep Street,
Northampton.
NN1 2LU
if you are interested in sponsoring or advertising on the Hip Hop Show , please call 01604 250554, fax 01604 250573 or email Jenny Campbell.

:Please note everyone, the programme days and times mentioned on all blogs are subject to confirmation and change.

These updates are to give you an idea of the variety of talent on a community radio station, which is funded by the community . ( unlike the big commercial radio stations )

You can advertise and sponsor on a community radio
Enquiries to

Jenny Campbell
Inspiration FM
Community Radio
20 Sheep Street
Northampton
NN1 2LU
Tel: 01604 250544
Fax: 01604 250573

email:
info@pirationfm.com


Sponsors

Inspiration FM is supported by, Northampton Borough Council
Sonic 5
JCA Public Relations
BBC Radio Northampton 104.2 & 103.6 FM
Msaada
Martin Ariel & Jared
The National Lottery
Northamptonshire County Council
West Northamptonshire Development Corporation















Supported by Northampton Borough Council, Sonic 5, JCA Public Relations, BBC Radio Northampton 104.2 & 103.6 FM, Msaada, Martin Ariel & Jared, The National Lottery, Northamptonshire County Council, West Northamptonshire Development Corporation
The National Lottery Northamptonshire County Council West Northamptonshire Development Corporation




 

  

Challenge 125?

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

 
  


 





If you feel you would like to make a comment on any blog, just click the envelope icon, thanks Jezza

No comments: